Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Chapter 2

We got in the car and headed to the airport. We got on the plane as it took off. Me and Mike listened to my Ipod while LC and Marc talked. Before we knew it we were landing. We all got off the plane and headed to baggage claim. After we got our bags we had to go get our rental car. We put our bags and the trunk and we got in. Pickles drove us to Ryane’s house. We pulled into the driveway and got out.

“Hey Pickles!” Ryane yelled walking towards us.

“Hey Ryane. How’s it been”

“Oh can’t complain. Hey LC. Good to see you.” He said as he hugged her.

“Hi. Ryane this is my sister Heidi and her friend Mike.”

“Hi guys. How was the flight?”

“It was good, nice and smooth.” I said getting my bags from the trunk.

Ryane led the 4 of us to our rooms. I was getting situated when Mike walked in.

“He’s a cutie. I can tell you think the same thing with the way you were looking at him.”

“Yeah he is cute.”

“I’m going to go ask if he’s single.”

“No Mikey don’t do that. He’ll probably get creeped out.” I said grabbing his arm trying to stop him

“Don’t worry. I’m not asking him. I’m going to ask you’re sister.”

He left as I finished unpacking and headed out on the back porch where everyone was hanging out. I was sitting in the lounge chair. I looked over at Mike as he just nodded yes. I gave him a confused look so he came over and sat on the chair with me. He whispered in my ear that Ryane was single and I looked straight at him. Mike went and helped Marc and Ryane cook. LC came and sat next to me.

“So what do you think of Ryane. Mike came and asked me if he was single. He is and I think he likes you.”

“Yeah he’s cute. I told Mike not to ask but you know him. He does what he wants.”

“I’m happy he asked. You should get to know Ryane. He’s a real sweetheart. I think the 2 of you would get along great.”

“What, did you guys bring me here trying to hook us up?” I said looking at LC

“You know it sis. I really think it could work. He’s a good guy and I think you should give it a shot at least get to know him.” She said giving me the puppy dog face that I couldn’t say no to.

“Fine. It couldn’t hurt. Although I think Mike is beating me to it.” I said as we looked at Mike who was giving us the thumbs up.

“Yeah I don’t think Mikey has a chance.” LC said as we both laughed.

The boys brought our dinner out on the porch. We all sat around while we ate and talked. After I was finished I put my plate in the sink and went to sit by the pool.

“So I definitely think you should pursue him. He’s great and as you’re best friend I would approve.” Mike said as I looked over at Ryane

“Yeah I think I’ll get to know him. He seems pretty awesome. Oh jeez he’s heading this way.”

“Well then I’ll leave you two alone.” He said as he walked away.

“Hey Heidi.”

“Hi Ryane. What’s up?”

“Just thought I would come over here and see how you were liking the trip so far.”

“I’m loving it. It’s really pretty here.” I said looking at him.

We sat there and talked for a while about anything and everything. He was really charming and so down to earth. It started getting chilly so Ryane gave me his Sharks hoodie. It smelled really good. We kept talking until Mike yelled at us to come join the 3 of them in a game of horseshoes. Mike kept score while the teams were Me and Ryane against LC and Pickles. I sucked at horseshoes so LC and Marc beat us. Ryane started a bonfire and we all just hung out. I was sitting next to Ryane who wrapped his arms around me to keep me warm. I started dozing off so I said goodnight and headed inside. I slept in his hoodie because it was warm and I loved how he smelled. The next morning I woke up and headed into the kitchen where LC was sitting.

“Morning sis. Where are the boys.” I said still not fully awake

“They all went for a morning run. They should be back soon.” LC said as she handed me a cup of coffee. “So I see you’re still wearing his hoodie and you two were awfully cuddly last night. I take it the talk went well.”

“Yeah. He’s amazing and I really like him. We have a lot in common and he’s showing me the town tonight.” I said as the boys walked through the door.

Marc grabbed LC as they headed upstairs to the shower. We knew what they were up to. Ryane went to the fridge to get a water as he threw one at Mike.

“Damn girl. How are you still in that hoodie. It’s hot out there.” Ryane said sitting next to me

“I haven’t been outside and I’m always cold in the morning. Why would you like your hoodie back?”

“No you can keep it. I was just wondering how you weren’t sweating in it.”

“I don’t know guess I’m just strange like that. I’ll be fine after I take a shower.”

“Weirdo” He said as he looked at me and laughed. “So Mike, are you coming with me and Heidi to check out the town tonight?”

“No you two go. I’m going to stay here and hang out with LC and Marc.”

“Are you sure? You can come with us.” I said hoping he would change his mind

“I’m pretty sure. You two go and have a fun night on the town.” He said smiling at me

LC and Marc came walking downstairs so I went to take a shower. I couldn’t wait for tonight. I washed up and headed downstairs. Ryane had made lunch for everyone. We ate then went in the living room and watched Step Brothers. We all got up and got ready. I was going with Ryane while Mike, LC and Marc went to pick up another teammate from the airport. We got in the car and headed to town. He took me to this cute little restaurant for dinner. After dinner we just walked around town. We talked and got to know each other more before heading home.

“Heidi. How was your night?” Mike said running up to me

“It was great. We have a lot in common and I really like him.”

“Awwe. I’m happy you had a good time. Come on. I’m going to introduce you to their other teammate.” Mike said dragging me to the porch. “Heidi that’s Devin. Devin this is Heidi.”

“Hey Heidi. Nice to meet you.”

“Hi Devin. It’s nice to meet you to. I’m tired so I’ll see you guys in the morning.” I said as I started to walk away.

“Heidi. Thanks for hanging out with me tonight, and letting me show you the town. I had fun.” Ryane said as he ran up to me and hugged me.

“Thanks for showing me the town.”

I walked up to my room and Mikey followed. We both laid in my bed and I told him everything about my night.I really liked Ryane and I hoped he felt the same. I replayed everything in my head over and over again until I finally fell asleep.

1 comment:

  1. hahah I LOVED this chapter! RY and Heidi were getting along so well, and I like that. They were meant to be together. awwwe! LC and Pickles always perfect together.

    ReplyDelete